Need to clear off some shelf space? Does the thought of throwing those books away make you want to cry? Never fear! There are dozens of ways to take that battered book and make it new and totally gift-worthy. Whether you’re using the covers or the actual pages, your books get a new, eco-crafty life!
- Paper bits can always become beautiful as a papermache box.
- Feeling artsy? Upcycle an old book into a masterpiece.
- Turn all those pages, magazines and unwanted papers into tree ornaments!
- Have a fashionista friend who’d love a new purse? Make them a totally unique handbag out of an unloved hardback!
- Need a journal that doesn’t feel like a carbon copy? Design your own!
- We all need a special hiding place every once in a while, right?
- If jewelry your kind of craft, try your hand at paper beads.
- When you need a use for those old book pages or sheet music, try an origami mobile.
And, don’t forget to check out our collection of ideas for books reborn at the library!