If you are looking to develop your skills as a photographer, the library has plenty of resources to help. We provide free online classes through our online service called UniversalClass. Learn more about digital photography, digital scrapbooking, and other visual arts. These are just a few of the over 500 courses offered. To log in, you’ll need your DBRL library card number; your PIN is your birthdate (MMDDYYYY).
You should also stop by to check out our extensive collection of photography guidebooks such as:
- “The Digital Photography Book” by Scott Kelby
- “The Kodak Most Basic Book of Digital Photography” by Jeff Wignall
- “Capturing Better Photos & Video With your iPhone” by Dennis J. Thomas
- “The Art of iPhoneography: A Guide to Mobile Creativity” by Stephanie Roberts
- “Digital Photo Madness: 50 Weird & Wacky Things to Do with your Digital Camera” by Thom Gaines
- “Photocraft: Creative Mixed Media Approach to Transforming your Photographs” by Susan Tuttle
- “Photojojo!: Insanely Great Photo Projects and DIY Ideas” by Amit Gupta
Today marks the second day of recognizing our photo contest winners. Ivan Bossert is the winner of the Artistic Showcase for his photo “La Sagrada Familia.” When asked about the inspiration behind this photo, Ivan said, “La Sagrada Familia is a church [in Barcelona, Spain] that is designed after nature. The supports are like trees, the windows are like flowers. The outside has the same elegant style as the inside, and the church is entirely funded by donations.” Ivan will receive a $25 gift card to Barnes and Noble as his award.
Tomorrow we announce the winner among those contestants ages 12-14 competing in the Nature division.
Gallery of Artistic Showcase Submissions
© All rights to the photographs contained herein reserved by their respective photographers.