This is a reminder to all our blog readers that October 9 is the deadline for submitting your Six-Word Memoir. Winners will receive a gift card to Barnes & Noble and we’ll share your stories at teens.dbrl.org during Teen Read Week, October 13-19.
Looking for inspiration? Below are some Six-Word Memoirs that were submitted that last time we hosted this writing competition.
- Two dogs, feather boa, drama queen.
- An alligator ate my crazy sister.
- Legos, Magic, The Gathering, more Legos.
- I was born; now I’m here.
- I am a unicorn with cannibalism.
- In the beginning; to be continued.
- Caterpillar, cocoon, struggle, fly…Bird food.
- Life is hard, eat a cupcake.
- How extraordinarily normal it all is.