The Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA, is the primary application used by all colleges and universities to determine your eligibility for grants, loans, work-study and scholarships. In other words, this form is mandatory for all those planning to attend college.
The Missouri Department of Higher Education has an assistance program called FAFSA Frenzy to help you and your family successfully complete this online application form. They will be hosting several free events at mid-Missouri high schools. If you are planning to attend college in the fall, mark your calendars now for one of these three sessions.
Best all, FAFSA Frenzy attendees are entered for a chance to win a scholarship to a Missouri postsecondary institution for the Fall 2014 semester! To learn more about the FAFSA and its impact on funding your college education, check out our recent blog post, “Navigating the FAFSA.”
Where is the FAFSA Frenzy being held in Boone & Callaway Counties?
|Location:||Address:||Date & Time:|
|Fulton High School||1 Hornet Dr., Fulton||Wednesday, February 19 from 4-7:30 p.m.|
|Hickman High School Media Center||1104 N. Providence Rd., Columbia||Update:
Tuesday, February 11 from 6-8:00 p.m.
|Columbia Area Career Center||4203 S. Providence Rd.||Sunday, February 9 from 2-4 p.m.|
What to bring:
- Your parents’ and your 2013 W-2 forms
- Copies of your parents’ and your 2013 tax forms, if they are ready. If you or your parents have not yet filed your 2013 returns before you attend a FAFSA Frenzy event, be sure to bring any statements of interest earned in 2013, any 1099 forms, and any other forms required to complete your taxes.
- Student PIN and parent PIN. You may apply for your PINs at www.pin.ed.gov before attending the FAFSA Frenzy.
What do I bring if my parents and I haven’t filed our taxes yet?
- 2012 tax forms
- 2013 statements of interest earned
- Last year-end pay stub received in December 2013 by you and your parents, showing year-to-date earnings.