We’ve officially moved into the third round of our single elimination teen book tournament. So far, 24 books have been struck from the list to determine the Elite 8. Did April Henry make the cut with her book, “Girl, Stolen,” or did James Dashner book, “The Maze Runner,” win? Who survived the last round: “The Book Thief” by Markus Zusak or “The Eleventh Plague” by Jeff Hirsch?
- “Mockingjay” by Suzanne Collins
- “The Hobbit” by J.R.R. Tolkien
- “Holes” by Louis Sachar
- “The Book Thief” by Markus Zusak
- “The Giver” by Lois Lowry
- “The Maze Runner” by James Dashne
- “The Fault in Our Stars” by John Green
- “Legend” by Marie Lu
How the March Madness Teen Book Tournament Works:
Through a series of votes, we are narrowing the library’s list of the 32 most popular teen books to one grand champion. By supporting your favorite book, you’ll also be entered to win prizes like a gift card to Barnes & Noble! Prize winners will be announced on April 2 when we announce our book tournament champion.
- Round 1: Voting complete for the Sweet 16.
- Round 2: Voting complete for the Elite 8.
- Round 3: VOTE NOW through 17 for the Final 4.
- Round 4: Vote March 18-24 for the final two contending titles.
- Round 5: Vote March 25-31 for the book tournament champion.
- April 2: The champion is announced!
Don’t forget to vote for your favorite four titles by Monday, March 17 at 5 p.m. You may vote online at teens.dbrl.org or pick up a paper ballot at one of our three branch locations. Limit one ballot per person, per round. The Final Four will be announced next Tuesday, March 18.