If you are looking to develop your skills as a photographer, the library has plenty of resources to help. We provide free online classes through our online service called UniversalClass. Learn more about digital photography, digital scrapbooking, and other visual arts. These are just a few of the over 500 courses offered. To log in, you’ll need your DBRL library card number; your PIN is your birthdate (MMDDYYYY).
You should also stop by to check out our extensive collection of photography guidebooks such as:
- “The Digital Photography Book” by Scott Kelby
- “The Kodak Most Basic Book of Digital Photography” by Jeff Wignall
- “Capturing Better Photos & Video With your iPhone” by Dennis J. Thomas
- “The Art of iPhoneography: A Guide to Mobile Creativity” by Stephanie Roberts
- “Digital Photo Madness: 50 Weird & Wacky Things to Do with your Digital Camera” by Thom Gaines
- “Photocraft: Creative Mixed Media Approach to Transforming your Photographs” by Susan Tuttle
- “Photojojo!: Insanely Great Photo Projects and DIY Ideas” by Amit Gupta
Today marks the first day of recognizing our photo contest winners. Megan Reed is the winner of the Artistic Showcase for her photo, “Eruption.” When asked about the inspiration behind this photo, Megan said, “My brother and cousin were shooting various targets such as watermelons, water bottles, a plastic helicopter, and a newly shaken 2 liter orange soda bottle. I wanted to capture the soda bottle exploding when it was shot.”
Megan will receive a $20 gift card to Barnes and Noble as his award. Tomorrow we announce the winner among those contestants ages 12-14 competing in the Nature division.
Gallery of Artistic Showcase Submissions
© All rights to the photographs contained herein are reserved by their respective photographers.