Register online at http://www.actstudent.org
What is the ACT?
The ACT exam is a standardized test required for admission at many colleges and universities. The exam covers four skills areas: English, mathematics, reading and science.
How much does it cost?
It costs $36.50 to take the ACT exam; this cost increases to $52.50 if you are required to take the writing test as well. A fee waiver is available for low-income students; however, ACT requires that you meet with your guidance counselor to see if you qualify.
Where can I take the ACT exam?
The ACT test is offered at three locations in Boone and Callaway Counties:
Hickman High School
1104 N. Providence Rd., Columbia, MO 65203
Center Code: 192300
Rockbridge High School
4303 S. Providence Road, Columbia, MO 65203
Center Code: 179400
Fulton High School
1 Hornet Drive, Fulton, MO 65251
Center Code: 192380
Please note: Fulton High School will not be open for the September 21 test date.
Southern Boone High School
14520 S. Crump Lane, Ashland, MO 65010
Center Code: 211930
Please note: Southern Boone High School will not be open for the December 14, February 8, or June 14 test dates.
When will the ACT be offered?
|Testing Date:||Registration Deadline:|
|September 21, 2013*||August 23, 2013*|
|October 26, 2013||September 27, 2013|
|December 14, 2013**||November 8, 2013**|
|February 8, 2014**||January 10, 2014**|
|April 12, 2014||March 7, 2014|
|June 14, 2014**||May 9, 2014**|
*Fulton High School will be not be open for the September 8 test date.
**Southern Boone High School will not be open for the December 14, February 8, or June 14 test dates.
How can I prepare for the ACT exam?
- Borrow an ACT study guide from the library.
- Check out the ACT Question of the Day.
- Read “Preparing for the ACT” (PDF) from the American College Testing Program.
- Review these practice test questions provided by the American College Testing Program.
- Take free online practice exams through LearningExpress Library. Please note that you will need your library card number to login. Your PIN is your birthdate (MMDDYYYY). If you have questions or encounter difficulties logging in, please call (573) 443-3161 or (800) 324-4806.